Friday, September 12, 2008

for whom the bell tolls

for whom the bell tolls

I was awakened from my restless slumber by bursting shells.
Pushing to prepare for the coming fight. Pushing
head on in to the fight not sure if I’m going
to die or if I’m going to live and fight another
day. Fighting through a town I heard a church
bell ring as if it were a sign to say that
someone might not see the new day’s sun.
“For whom the bell tolls” I thought as I
dodged the sudden hail of bullets that could have
taken my life “I hope the bell didn’t ring
for me because I have a long life to live” I
thought as I ran for cover, only to be greeted
by death it self as a bomb exploded around
me. Knocked to the ground the only thing
was the will to live and the will to survive
the pain tore through me like knife. as I lay
on my back waiting for some one to find me
as I gazed at the sky the only thing I saw was
the flames of bursting shells and the setting
sun. I laughed to myself as I recalled the bell,
in the end the bell did toll for
me

No comments: